Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

The dwarves, along with Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey, continue their quest to reclaim Erebor, their homeland, from Smaug. [imdb]

Nominated for 3 Oscars:
Best Visual Effects
Best 
Sound Mixing
Best Sound Editing

I am a sucker for the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I even enjoyed the first Hobbit (at least more than the others did). But I have to admit this one was... well... not exactly uneventful. More like unimportant. I mean: hey, I could've watched it for hours and hours, because I am fascinated by this universe, but there was nothing too fascinating going on. Like a mid-season so-and-so episode of an otherwise good TV series.
And why the hell was that dragon talking? :) Not too thrilled with the visual effects either. Hope the last episode will get to be the best - and somehow justify this entire new series of films.
My rating for the film: 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment