Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lone Survivor (2013)

Marcus Luttrell and his team set out on a mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shah, in late June 2005. [imdb]


Nominated for 2 Oscars:
Best Sound Mixing
Best Sound Editing


I wrote on Twitter that this film was in desperate need of Kathryn Bigelow, and I still stand by it. It's a poorly directed, exploitive film that has little popcorn fun to it, and never feels compelling enough because of some cliches and not-so-inspired directing choices. Some people fall for this, I found it offensive at times, both towards the "enemy" and also towards the real life heroes: did we really need to see the characters continuingly hitting their heads on rocks?! What was the point of that.

Oh nevermind. Not my cup of tea I guess.

My rating for the film: 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment